Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Studio Lighting

I have been a huge believer that natural light is the one and only way to photograph, so I surprised myself when I signed up for Jeremy Igo's ( http://www.jeremyigo.com/blog/ ) studio lighting workshop. After seeing a bunch of his images, I was so intrigued to find out just how it was done- and I am so glad I did. Jeremy was an amazing instructor and the class was unbelievable!!! Not to mention that fact that our model was gorgeous! I learned an incredible amount in just a few hours and am now ready to purchase my own lighting equipment :) I see many bridal portraits in my future with my new skills... On a side note, I am still a firm believer in natural light and will continue to do most of my work this way. But, when the time is right, studio lighting can add a new dynamic dimension to images. Take a look-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great shots! we need to set up a time to get out and practice together!

Jeremy Igo said...

Looking Good Mandy!

- Jeremy

Rolf Loken said...

Hey Mandy - great to meet you at the workshop. Awesome job on the photos - I love the one with her angry look with the pink background gel.